Please read the compete instructions if you are new to scantron answer sheets
#13 is especially important
ABBREVIATED INSTRUCTIONS FOR THOSE WITH EXPERIENCE:
- Number 2 pencil.
- Color inside the bubbles.
- Erasing smudge marks outside of a bubble may be seen as an answer by the machine.
- Answer A for True and B for false.
COMPLETE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NEVER DONE IT BEFORE:
- Make sure the name on the answer key is in your name!
- Use only a #2 pencil on your scantron answer sheet. A number 2 should be printed on the pencil. DO NOT USE A PEN.
- Pencils will be provided for you.
- There are 50 questions to your test (2 or 3 pages) and a separate scantron answer sheet on which you will choose your answer.
- It is OK to write on your test pages.
- It is NOT OK to write anything on your scantron answer sheet except for your name and coloring in your bubbles (small circles) to answer the questions.
- There is a “bubble” for each possible answer A, B, C, D, E on your scantron answer sheet.
- Only color in one option and do not go outside of the lines.
- Most of the questions on your test will have only 3 possible answers A, B, or C.
- Unless there are 5 choices to a question you will not be coloring in options D, or E.
- If it is a True or False question there are only 2 choices available to you. On your scantron answer sheet color in A for true and B for false, do not color in options C, D, or E.
- Do not fold or crease your Scantron answer sheet.
- ERASING: Do not cross out mistakes, erase but make sure you do not smudge outside of the lines. Break off a bit of the eraser to expose clean eraser to avoid smudging. The scantron machine will pick up an eraser smudge over a nicely colored-in circle!!
- The machine will not read forms with bubbles filled in with X’s, lines, light pencil marks, or bubbles that are overfilled (stay within the lines).